I'm starting to think spring...well, partly true. I've been pretty excited, because in our small section of the world, it's Maple Syrup Season!!! And for the first time, we will be tapping our trees in an effort to produce enough syrup to support our waffle habit, along with sharing a new experience with our kids, and hopefully providing some "authentic first time syrup producer" blogging!
I thought that a little indoor window box would be the ideal place to showcase these daisies, and although it's very strait forward, I thought perhaps I could inspire someone else to welcome spring into their home too.
I own this rather fantastic little packing box with some original stencilling on it, that I have had for probably 10 years, and really like it. It's a very nice size and I have used it for various things over the years. It is part of my very humble collection of ammunition boxes, and food crates that I've held onto for times like this. I also had on hand some styrofoam sundae bowls from the local dairy. I'll use those to put the flower pots in so they don't do any damage to my wooden box. Mine are a little dirty in the picture because I tried them first to make sure that my pots would fit correctly.
That's it....finish up...give them a good water. I put these in a north facing window, and I have to make sure to water mine everyday as we have wood heat and it get pretty dry in here. I'm not usually a very good gardener, I've had pretty bad experiences when it come to plants, but my recent success with some Yuccas (which I understand to be fool proof, so that seemed like a good place to start), has made me a little more confident. Hopefully I can keep these alive long enough to transplant them outside this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment