Monday, 11 February 2013

Pizza Biscuits


Looks like a muffin, but is really more of a biscuit.....

These have a not too subtle flavour of pizza, and can be modified to your liking. They are moist and very easy to prepare in a pinch when you've forgotten to put on a recipe of buns in time for dinner with your favourite winter soup.



This recipe calls for 3 cups of Biscuit mix, which I didn't have on hand, so here is a quick recipe for homemade biscuit mix...


In your food processor measure out:

3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 TBSP baking powder

1 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening


Pulse until it's looks like a fine, non-lumpy powder ( will look like almond meal).

Here is the recipe for the Pizza biscuits:

3 cups of biscuit mix
1 can of condensed tomato soup (not diluted)
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. italian herb mix
1/2 cup grated marble cheese ( a little extra for topping)

If you like, add:

1/2 cup diced pepperoni
1/4 cup sliced olives

I used muffin papers in tins, but I think these would be best baked as drop biscuits on parchment lined sheets.

Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 17-20 minutes.



I was able to make 24 biscuits from this recipe...so if you are doing drop biscuits, then that should be a good gauge. I used an 1/8 measure to portion out my batter. Add a pinch of cheese to the top before baking. I do not recommend using convection for any baking, and I think with this recipe in particular, it would really dry it out. These are great served warm from the oven, and reheated for lunch the next day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment