Thursday, 21 February 2013

MMmmmm...Corn Pudding!



This may one of my most favourtie recipes ever! 

I'm a pretty big fan of creamed corn, so the idea of having, a firmer, sweeter, much warmer creamed corn inspired my tastebuds to make this corn pudding recipe. It was, as so many things are, suggested by my sister wanting me to try something, and do it before she does. (In this case, I think it's so she can just get the recipe from me...) 

I looked over other recipes on-line, and took bits and pieces to make this one. I must admit.....the concept of making corn pudding was just an idea. I'd never, and still have not tried corn pudding outside these four walls. So, if this is not your idea of what a corn pudding should be, my apologies.... but in my mind, this is perfect!




Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees

Start by whisking together:
1/8 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup milk

Then add:
2 eggs
1 TBSP vegetable oil (or melted butter)
2 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper (to taste)


Lastly:
Pour in a can of your favourite creamed corn



* however, if you have a 16oz can or two 8oz cans, go ahead and use them...the extra bit won't make a difference)*


Then pour mixture into a greased (I used Pam baking spray), glass, oven proof dish that is 8x8 or there about, and bake for 35-40 minutes. I like to sprinkle a little white sugar on top before it goes in the oven. (no convection)

This is like baking a custard, so you will know your pudding is finished when a knife, inserted in the centre, comes out clean...moist looking but clean, not coated. It may take more or less time depending. 


I love to serve this with a cross rib roast dinner, fresh buns and home made gravy....

or on it's own for lunch or left overs. It's so wonderful that really, 

anytime is a good time to eat this dish.






No comments:

Post a Comment