My sister has a cake pop maker...envious me!
So I thought that since she was visiting for Thanksgiving, that I could give it a go, and now I'm quite convinced that I too, will be needing a cake pop maker.
Here is the recipe:
In a medium bowl combine
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 Tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp pie spice
pinch of salt
In a smaller bowl
1 cup 18% cream
1 tsp vanilla
In your mixer
3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
The Method
Beat the eggs and sugar until they get frothy and thick.
Slowly
add the cream and vanilla.
Lastly, add the flour mixture by the
spoonful until combined.
Dough will be sticky.
Move to fridge for about
an hour.
Prep your cake pop maker according to the appliance specifications.
For this maker, I did not prep the surface with any oils, and despite what the lights on the top of the machine were doing, I left each batch in for a timed 4 minutes. I recommend putting on a pot of coffee, dig up some good magazines, and pull up a chair......this will be a while. In total, with a couple rejects, this made a good 48 cake pops.
These have a great consistency, and a nice light flavour. Next I will have to try my hand at decorating.
No comments:
Post a Comment