So here is a great recipe to make a head and will be creamy and rich of your Christmas platter.
First, prepare your 9x9..line the pan with tin foil and the butter the foil. The tin foil makes removing the squares from the tray go smoothly, and the butter makes removing the squares from the foil easy. I would not use a oil spray, especially one with an olive oil base.. it will change the taste. In this case, butter is best.
Base
First melt 1/2 cup of butter in a microwave safe bowl, and add:
2 cups of confectioners' sugar
3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
2/3 cups pf graham cracker crumbs
Mix by hand with a wooded spoon or firm spatula, until your base looks similar to what I've made. The base will be soft, but very thick....so take your time to spread out an even layer that will span the length of your pan with out cracks. I use an off set spatula, and find that the smaller size works best for me.
You do not need to refrigerate the base before you spread out the topping.....
Topping:
In a microwave safe bowl measure out:
1/2 teaspoon of butter
2/3 cups of milk chocolate chips ( I use Chipits)
After microwaving for about a minute and a half, you should be able give your chocolate a good stir and the chips should melt into the butters, leaving a smooth chocolate topping.
You will have to refrigerate the squares after you spread on the top, until they set. Once set, remove the whole sheet of foil from the pan....either slice in the foil and and remove piece by piece or remove the foil from your squares and slice on a plastic cutting mat.
These can be stores in an airtight container in the fridge, served immediately, or frozen until Christmas! I hope you try, and enjoy these yummy squares.
No comments:
Post a Comment